Re: Oracle 9.2 Installation Question

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Oct 2003 06:43:28 -0700

I'd go ahead and put it where you can. However, in order to facilitate your move later, why not put a symbolic link pointing to where it is, but, that symbolic link be in the filesystem you want it to eventually reside.

For example, it will intially reside on a /u08 filesystem, but, the final home will be in /u01/app/oracle/product.

/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0 -> /u08/app/oracle/product/9.2.0

Initially, the 9.2.0 in /u01 would be a symlink over to /u08, then later, you can move the software on /u08 to /u01.

HTH,
Pete's

The opinions here are mine and not that of my employer. Use any advice given at your own risk.