Migration to 9.2.0.3 # export/import

From: Marcin Buchwald <velvet_at_agora.pl>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:49:18 +0200

Migrating from 9.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.3

  1. Is it possible to get up a 9.0.1 database on another machine with 9.2.0.3 from cold backup? On the first I got a bunch of ORA-00600 and after executing catalog.sql from 9.2.0.3 there is significant improvement. However catproc.sql breaks on advanced queing routines.Database stays open in OPEN MIGRATE mode and it did not open in normal mode. How to open this database READ WRITE?

Should I migrate my database to 9.2.0.1 first and then to 9.2.0.3?

2) Logical export / import has one big disadvantage from my point of view. It changes user identifiers in all_users view. My application uses this identifiers so if I go this way huge updates will be needed.

Is it possible to export from 9.0.1 and import to 9.2.0.3 with fixed user identificators?

Regards,

        Marcin Received on Mon Oct 20 2003 - 02:49:18 CDT