Re: index problem in oracle text

From: Snid <snid_at_snider.sno>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:01:29 +1000

Do you have a primary key on your table?

Here is a quick example that works as long as oracle text is installed correctly. Make sure that the user who does the following has this privilege:

grant connect, resource, ctxapp to the_text_user ;

create table quick_clob (
 quick_id number primary key,
 text clob
);

insert into quick_clob
  ( quick_id, text )
 values
  ( 1, 'The cat sat on the mat' );

insert into quick_clob
  ( quick_id, text )
 values
  ( 2, 'The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog' );

commit;

create index quick_clob_idx on quick_clob ( text )  indextype is ctxsys.context;

SELECT
 score(20),
 text
FROM
 quick_clob
WHERE CONTAINS
 (text, 'near((quick, dog), 6)' ,20) > 0;

drop table quick_clob ;