Global Temporary Table

From: Raj <rjdave_at_indiatimes.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2003 00:47:05 -0700

Hello Oraclegurus,

        I would like to know if i am doing the right thing or not??

       I've created a global temporary table "tempcomp".

         "create global temporary table tempcomp (col1 number,col2
char,col3varchar2)" .

         I looked into these groups and it was mentioned somewhere that default is "on commit delete rows"... I am assuming that the rows are being deleted after commit and not stored .

       We have a web application which would be calling a stored procedure which inserts into a global temporary some values we need the values only for temporary time i.e., till user wants to study those values .

        The web client users could be many and they all connect the application with their respective id but the database connectivity is using only one database userid "scott" and accessing the schema and shcema procedures.

         The procedure call does inserts into the temporary global table.

         The data that would be inserted could be like this 'bike' 'big' 'bum' etc

        question: If one web user queries the table .... "where col2 like 'b%'

      will he get the data which was inserted on execution of procedure by the first user who caused the inserts 'bike' 'bum'etc ..????

        or each web user is a seperate session and the select query will be unique for each user ...?????

       Please let me know if i am using the right thing by using global temporary table !

    Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Raj. Received on Sat Oct 18 2003 - 02:47:05 CDT