Resetting SYSTEM account

From: Charly <SomeOne_at_SomeWhere.on.the.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:57:56 +0200

Hello World,

I have put the mess in the system account of a database by mistake (bad IMP command).

I have two ways to reset the account quicly : 1. make a dump file of a clean SYSTEM account, issue a "drop user cascade" from the messy one, then IMP the clean dump 2. rebuild the database completely

I cannot just simply remove all the tables I have put since there is a lot of constraints that prevent me from droping table. I don' t have the time to study the proper DROP TABLE order (rebuilding the DB is faster anyway).

I'm considering solution 1 wich is the fastest (currently in progress). But I whished to have some "approval" from the guru's side here : doing so will I lose things, jeopardize my DB ???

I'm not in danger myself since this was a test DB...

Environnement :

Windows 2000
Oracle 8i (8.1.5)

Thanks !!!!!!!!

Charly

--
Charly

Email : calebrun-No-Spam-I-Said!-_at_yahoo.com