Re: new word

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:30:47 +1000

Daniel Morgan wrote:

> Howard J. Rogers wrote:
>

>>Jim Kennedy wrote:
>>

>>>I must say that I had to look up slubberdegullion
>>>(http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-slu1.htm). I consider
>>>myself fairly erudite, but Howard certainly taught me a new word.
>>>Jim
>>>From: "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
>>>Subject: Re: Update On Jitendra Patel & TUSC
>>>Date: Sunday, October 12, 2003 4:28 PM
>>><snip for brevity only>
>>>I have no doubt that they will respond very quickly and very emphatically
>>>to disassociate themselves from this slubberdegullion. Otherwise,
>>>thinking people might come to what I am sure is entirely the wrong
>>>opinion.
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>HJR
>>>

>>Oh, Jim. Next you'll be accusing me of being sesquipedalian!
>>
>>(try floccinausinihilipilification as a true description of
>>Patel's/Wilson's contributions here. One of my favourites).
>>
>>Regards
>>HJR
>>

> Next time spell it correctly: FLOCCINAUCINIHILIPILIFICATION.
>
> Some people.   ;-)

Bloody Americans!!!!!!!! ;-)

Extraordinary as it may seem to those of us this side of the Atlantic (WEST), you are actually quite correct, and I hang my head in shame.

It was only 1/28th incorrect, however. And from memory.

Such mis-spellings are, however, flagitious, and were I not to accept the correction, I would be a mere recusant.

So much for mere Arts degrees, huh?

But yeah, I gottit wrong meester (add glottal stops as necessary) HJR

See my brand new website, soon to be full of
new articles: www.dizwell.com.
Nothing much there yet, but give it time!!