Update On Jitendra Patel & TUSC

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:44:00 -0700

I am very sorry to have to report this but I think as a matter of professional ethics what has happened needs to be exposed to the light of day.

I have received an email that appears to be from the person that has posted the fraudulent reviews at Amazon.com as J. A. Patel and that has been posting here as Jitendra Patel.

 From that email, and it would be improper to post it here, I believe that there really is no Jitendra Patel (aka J. A. Patel) but rather a woman named Heather Wilson who may be in need of help ... and hopefully will seek it out.

I will be contacting the people at TUSC and Amazon on Monday and will report further if I can.I think a great disservice to TUSC has been done by this woman and encourage everyone to not respond to any similar postings and keep in mind that those at TUSC, however some of you may feel about them personally or their technical expertise, are undoubtedly not in any way responsible for the abuse, the insults, and the other off-topic postings and are likely victims of this woman's behaviors too.

It is really rather sad.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu