Re: Oracle 10G new features preview

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 07:45:59 +0100

I believe that this was discussed on the news group a couple of months ago, and the conclusion was something like:

    McGrawHill is authorised to use the
    "Oracle Press" logo by virtue of making     a suitable cash payment

    Oracle Corp. has finally had enough complaints     about the quality of the output that they have     decided that no further books go out under     the imprint unless they have done a tech     review on them.

    Oracle Corp. does not invite anyone to     write books for Oracle Press.

I have no idea how true any of the above three statements might actually be, though.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html
____Iceland__November (tbc)
____Belgium__November (EOUG event)