Re: How to created "help"?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:04:02 GMT

Peter wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:47:30 GMT, Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
> wrote:
>
> I connect as system/manager before I ran the script.
>
> >Peter wrote:
> >>
> >> I ran this script to set up the "help" command:
> >> @c:\oracle\ora92\sqlplus\admin\help\hlpbld.sql helpus.sql
> >>
> >> However, after it ran I still could not get "help" to work.
> >>
> >> SQL> help
> >> SP2-0171: HELP not accessible.
> >> SQL>
> >>
> >> Is there something that I missed?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >
> >What userid did you use to run it? Common errors include running it as
> >SYS or as a general user.

Hopefully you installed per the instructions in Chapter 2 of the SQL Plus Quick Ref manual.

If so, the same location in the manual shows how to drop the tables. After dropiing, try reinstalling. If that doesn't fix things you may have a pooched baseline install.

--
/Hans
[mailto:`echo $from" | sed "s/yahoo/telusplanet/g"`]