How to find Memory available to Oracle.?

From: Newbie <learning_still_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Oct 2003 02:37:20 -0700

Hi,

How do i find the amount of memory available to the Oracle Instance ?

I read that from 9i onwards, we can set oracle memory config. parameters to use the max memory available to the instance, which in turn is almost equiv to the amount of RAM minus the mem needed by OS to run smoothly.

So, how do i find the amount of mem consumed by OS or how much available to the instance??

TIA Received on Sat Oct 11 2003 - 04:37:20 CDT