Re: Oracle 10G new features preview

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:09:22 +0100

Notes in-line

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html
____Iceland__November (tbc)
____Belgium__November (EOUG event)
____UK_______December (UKOUG conference)

Three-day seminar:
see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html
____USA__October
____UK___November

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

"Jitendra Patel" <coldrainandsnow_at_lycos.com> wrote in message

> > http://www3.telus.net/jgwang/oracle10g_new_features_preview.pdf
>

> Most excellent Wang link. This is buy Robert Freeman, a TUSC
> consultant, personally trained by Rich Niemiec himself, God of
Oracle.

Isn't it strange, the original poster put out the URL with nothing but the line: "Commentary by Jonathan Lewis" He didn't mention the author, and he certainly didn't mention TUSC - There might have been a reason for that - what do you think it might be ? I hope you plan to apologise to Rob Freeman, if there was any training involved between the two you mention, I'd bet that most of it went the other way. (Come to think of it, I believe the handout at IOUG-A for "Rich Niemiec's" performance tuning book pointed out that most of the chapter we saw had been written by Rob Freeman).

> Another TUSC consultant, Mike Ault, is also doing a book on
Oracle10g
> new features:
>
> http://www.dba-oracle.com/bp/bp_book_oracle10g.htm
>
> TUSC has a corner on the market for 10g books, as they dominate the
> Oracle experts.
There are a couple of people at TUSC that I know to be competent, a couple that I've been told are competent, and at least one who thinks he's an expert but is extremely ignorant. That's a VERY long way from 'dominating' the Oracle experts. (I'm not counting you in this list, by the way, as I have no reason to believe that you work for TUSC - just in case you were hoping).