Re: are hints still necessary in 9i?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:00:04 -0700

Mark Townsend wrote:

>> Who exactly are you ?
>>

> Never mind, I think I've worked it out. Nice photo :-)
> Welcome aboard. Watch Sybrand, he bites, and, even though he says he
> does, it's well know that Daniel never sleeps.

Not true ... I use all of these:

SQL> SELECT package_name FROM all_arguments   2 WHERE object_name = 'SLEEP';

PACKAGE_NAME

DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE
DBMS_DRS
DBMS_LOCK

SQL> I will be in Chapel Hill, North Carolina next week. Any regulars from that area? Any irregulars?
I'll buy. ;-)

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu