Sorry, Beginner Problems

From: Marcus Biel <spam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:50:08 +0200

Hi,

I just installed Oracle Server Edition,

but I am unable to create Tables.
First of all I was even unable to enter the programm, but then I realized that I had to enter "sys" as login, and the pasword I entered during install.

Oracle says something about the wrong Tablespace - then I created a new Tablespace and tried to use that one, but it still didn't work.

I also tried to add a new user and give him all rights, but there are so many different right you can add, I added some, but I really have no idea what is needed and what is not. Could someone be so nice and tell an oracle newbie the first simple steps to be able to create a new table ?

I mean I know how to use tables, select statements and so on, but so far I never installed my own database.

I could tell you all I did in detail, if necessary, but I don't think it will be - I guess I did all wrong anyways, so it would be best if there could be someone giving me a hint, or a link where I can read how to start configuring my database.

thanks in advance,

marcus Received on Fri Oct 10 2003 - 14:50:08 CDT