Re: 8i and 9i on same box

From: Thomas T <T_at_T>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:21:54 -0400

"Tom" <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com> wrote in message news:1065781597.80573.0_at_demeter.uk.clara.net...
> Hi,
>
> During my upgrade plan from 8i to 9i i will have to run both versions on
the same box for a while.

> Apart from making sure they install into different ORACLE_HOME's is there
anything else for me to watch out for?

> I assume i'll just use the 9i listener.
>
> This is on Linux 7.3
>
> thanks

Make sure you don't have to access an Oracle database that's earlier then 8 from 9i. 9i can't talk to a version 7 or below Oracle database. I doubt this is the case with you, but it's just one thing to watch out for!

-Thomas Received on Fri Oct 10 2003 - 12:21:54 CDT