Re: Not able to run oratab.sh

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 01:38:24 +1000

sendhil wrote:

> hi all,
> Iam trying to install Oracle 8.0.5 on Redhat Linux 9. I didnt get
> proper Installation instructions for this. so iam using the
> instructions for installing Oracle 8 on Redhat linux 6.2.
>
> The script oratab.sh simply doesnt run. so i created a file
> oratab in the /etc directory and started the Installation. The
> Installation stops at a certain point saying
> -----------------------
> O/S Error
>
> Error During action "Relinking wrap executable"
> .
> .
> .
> make: *** [wrap] Error1
> ---------------------------
> Has anyone tried to Install Oracle 8.0.5 on Redhat Linux 9.0. If you
> have faced this problem or if iam missing something please let me
> know.
>
> Thanks
> sendhil

It's a bit of an ambitious ask, because so much has changed in the Linux kernel since 8.0.5 days.

Take a look at what is currently the only white paper on my website. It describes installing 9iR2 onto Red Hat 9.0, but you mind find the advice about downgrading glibc, and the native threads issue, of assistance.

Regards
HJR

See my brand new website, soon to be full of
new articles: www.dizwell.com.
Nothing much there yet, but give it time!!