Re: Oracle 9i + Death of the DBA

From: Andy <andy.spaven_at_eps-hq.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:10:58 +0100

Forgot the sensible comments so here is my 2 cents worth (or is that pennies since I'm a brit).

I doubt Oracle 9i will have any reducing effect on a DBA's workload though it will probably change the details of it - that's been happening since Oracle 6. Things don't even appear to move from small picture to large picture - Same old same old as the saying goes, just a bit different. Some things become "automated" and other things come along to take their place - a working CBO but the need for plan stability through outlines sometimes etc.

Andy