Oracle 9i New Features or Data Guard Course

From: Martyn <martynbaker_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Oct 2003 07:03:53 -0700

Hi,
I am wanting feedback from anyone that has attended one or both of these courses as to which they thought I would benefit from most. At the moment I am leaning towards New Features course but am open to persuasion.
I work for an organisation that has a very limited training budget and am trying to decide which course I should attend.

We have many applications from many vendors (we do not do any in-house development at all), so we are vendor driven wrt Oracle version and all are currently at 8.x. One production application is to be migrated from 8.1.7.0 to 9.2.0.1 in Feb 2004 and this date is set in stone. Part of the SLA for this app. requires that we maintain a standby database (for legal purposes) and I am aware that the standby mechanism on 9i is vastly different to 8i. Currently we have in-house scripts to maintain the standby database.

Any feedback would be grateful as unfortunately I can only attend one course.

Martyn Received on Fri Oct 10 2003 - 09:03:53 CDT