Re: (can I) retrieve the terms from an InterMedia Text index

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:47:15 +0200

Relishguy wrote:

> I am trying to get the individual words from a column in a table I
> have indexed to make it searchable from InterMedia Text. This is the
> set of words which would give at least one row in a search result set.
>
> Is this possible? I cannot find a select clause/syntax that will dump
> out the index term values.
>
> TIA.
>
> Regards..

Check with the DBA: what languague option was installed? Assuming US English (The default)
Check with the programmer: what stoplist was used when the index was created (Assuming the default, a.k.a none specified) Check the scripts: all words NOT in the stoplist should be indexed.

Still leaves your question, which puzzles me - 'a set which would give at least one row in a search result set'? Any word not in the stoplist, I'd say.
Are you using the contains syntax as required?

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel