Re: Oracle 9i + Death of the DBA

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 20:42:40 GMT

You might want to search the archives to see what people thought of 10G being the death of the DBA. Personally, the more mundane tasks of my job have gotten easier with 9i's features. But I don't fear being out of work any time soon. My role will evolve with each new release, but I'll still be doing something.

Cheers,
Brian

Ed wrote:

> I was wondering what people think about 9i's new features that
> supposedly significantly decrease or at least alter the duties of the
> DBA.
>
> Is anyone re-thinking their future career path because of it?
>
> Will there be such a great need for DBAs in the future?
>
> Any sensible comments appreciated.
>
> Ed.

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com