Re: 8i/W2K info about sys.dbms_plugts.checkDatafile

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 19:31:02 +0200

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 17:27:43 +0100, "moosandl" <ralf.moosandl_at_nkk.de> wrote:

>Hello group,
>
>please tell me where I can get a description of the opposite of
>the function above.
>
>I need this as an import of a transportable tabespace terminates
>with an error in this function and I want to modify the dumpfile
>with a hex-editor so that there is no error in
>sys.dbms_plugts.checkDatafile
>without using ORACLE 8i,
>e.g. reading the header of the datafiles with a hex-editor
>
>thanks a lot
>Ralf Moosandl

So you really want to render your database unsupported? To do that you don't need any info, as you already know how to hack. Just go ahead.
What makes you think Oracle supports and endorses editing a dump file? Because other vendors do?
Or are you up to a career-limiting move? The obvious solution to this problem would be

- get in touch with Oracle
- submit a TAR
- stop hacking

--