O9iAS Portal: UI template vs Page template vs Pages published as portlets

From: Joe <temp_at_missionops.net>
Date: 9 Oct 2003 08:40:20 -0700

When determining the Portal layout and look and feel, what is the best approach; UI templates, page templates, or publishing pages as portlets?

I desire a standard 2 and 3 column page layout. A common header, footer, and left navigation column, with a main content area that is either 1 or 2 columns.

Besides UI and Page templates, I can also create a main layout page with the header, footer, and left navigation column, then create separate pages for the content, publishing the content pages as portlets and using a tab region on the main layout page to display the content page portlet.

Does anyone have any advice on the best approach? The approach that does not limit me when performing portal-wide restyles later or allowing custom styles and layouts for certain content pages.

TIA Received on Thu Oct 09 2003 - 10:40:20 CDT