Re: Oracle's Myth: keep tables and indexes in separate tablespaces

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 00:32:38 +1000

Jack wrote:

> Actually Oracle recommends S.A.M.E and raid-10, and
> they "would like to make it the ONLY configuration for Oracle".
>
> Update your data.

Er, no they don't. When was the last performance tuning course you went on? Or the last DBA Fundamentals course (where they still teach OFA)? The recommendation the poster spoke about is still there in both of them. As of last week.

Regards
HJR

See my brand new website, soon to be full of
new articles: www.dizwell.com.
Nothing much there yet, but give it time!!