Re: rollback maxextents

From: Charles J. Fisher <cfisher_at_rhadmin.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 13:42:47 GMT

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> So the question remains: why do you feel the need to set maxextents?

Because if someone starts a large transaction, I would like them to have the foresight to select r_large. The ORA-1555 is helpful to me in this case.

It seems that the only way to enable this functionality is to either a) place r_large in a different tablespace or b) convert a DMT with the previously mentioned hack.

MAXEXTENTS was a useful tool in being certain that a runaway object couldn't consume an entire tablespace. The loss of it in LMTs is a mistake.

   / Charles J. Fisher                   |"How many who came into this world /
  /  cfisher_at_rhadmin.org                 | with me have already left it!"   /
 /   http://rhadmin.org                  |       -Marcus Aurelius          /