Re: Shrink Temporary Tablespace

From: Charles J. Fisher <cfisher_at_rhadmin.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 20:26:01 GMT

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Steven wrote:

> One of my users ran an incorrect query and increased the temporary
> tablespace to it's maximum of 4GB. Until now it was static around 400MB. I
> want to shrink the temporary datafiles back to their normal size but I can't
> seem to do this. It's won't allow me to.

You have probably got a sort segment allocated on this TEMP tablespace.

IXORA says that you can drop this segment by respecifying PCTINCREASE:

http://www.ixora.com.au/q+a/space.htm

Only problem is that you are on an LMT, and this storage parameter won't work.

I wonder if there is a workaround?

   / Charles J. Fisher                   |"The prettiest girls in the world  /
  /  cfisher_at_rhadmin.org                 | live in Des Moines, Iowa."       /
 /   http://rhadmin.org                  |   -Jack Kerouac                 /