Re: How to create the seed database?

From: Peter <peter_at_nomorenewspamin.ca>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 20:08:48 GMT

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 12:31:17 -0700, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:

>Peter wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 13:34:29 GMT, Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
>>wrote:

>>>Deja vu! We cycled through Peter's ability to read "the manual", the
>>>fact that he does not need to take Oracle education, and his enjoyment
>>>of lively and informative discussions before. Roughly April/May time
>>>frame. Mainly around checkpoints, logs and archive logs.
>>>
>>>(Welcome back, Peter. Still haven't learned the stuff you've read in
>>>the manuals?)
>>>

>>Oracle is so huge and sophisticated. I have read the manuals several
>>times, but I am still learning.
>>

>What is causing us to smile is your statement that you read the manuals
>at all. No one has ever read all of the
>manuals with the possible exception of Tom Kyte and a few such dedicated
>souls. And even he may not have
>put the rest of his life on hold to do that.
>
>BTW: You should not have attempted to correct me ... my friends at
>Microsoft have confirmed my original
>statement was correct.

When you ask me to read the manuals, of course, you are not telling me to read the whole thing, but just the relevant parts. I usually reread the parts of the manuals that I need to know.

With regard to the definition of "instance", I was just looking it up in the glossary of the manual.

Thanks Received on Wed Oct 08 2003 - 15:08:48 CDT