Re: Problem with temp tablespace

From: Stan Brown <stanb_at_panix.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:56:07 +0000 (UTC)

In <8dk8ov4ld45mbkr6cit6b17divb7oifsau_at_4ax.com> Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com> writes:

>Stan Brown <stanb_at_panix.com> wrote:

>>I'm trying to build an index on a 7.3.4.5 system.
>>

>>I think I have spce for this index in the specifed tablespace:
>>
>>TSPACE TOT_MB ORA_BLKS TOT_USED PCT_USED
>>--------------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
>>CONFIG_TS 20 2560 190 7.42
>>DATA_LOG_TS 30 3840 1360 35.42
>>INDEX1_TS 8200 1049600 938125 89.38
>>INDEX2_TS 8300 1062400 664940 62.59
>>RBS_TS 1000 128000 25600 20
>>SYSTEM 40 5120 1923 37.56
>>TEMP 250 32000 11970 37.41
>>TOOLS 15 1920 485 25.26
>>TREND_TS 16500 2112000 1476030 69.89
>>USERS 1 128
>>

>The message is not saying that your TEMP tablespace is giving the problem,It says it cannot create an additional temp extent
>( not an extent in TEMP) in INDEX2_TS - check the max extents for that TS

Yes,

First why is it trying to use INDEX2_Ts for temp space, when I have altered the sue in question to use TEMP_TS for that?

Second, there is space in INDEX2_TS (see above), and this index is the same size as many others in that tablespace.

So, now you unerstand why I'm confused.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin