Re: Outsourcing developer to India and China - As an Oracle developer I am miffed

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 02:02:56 +1000

"Anurag Varma" <avdbi_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bnHgb.28$b91.8_at_news02.roc.ny...

> For your information US does not allow any foreign national to come work in US either through a non-US
> IT company. Any company that wants to have a foreign national work in US, they have to establish a base
> here.

I'm quite aware of the situation in the US as well. Don't forget I'm also a migrant. Who said I agree with the US rules?

However, I can compete with the US outsourcing and have done so for many years. I can't with the Indian one. You know why? Because I am not allowed to do it. And it's got nothing to do with the Indian government. But that is an entirely different story.

> Same is the case with India.

That doesn't make the whole darn thing right.

> Just because you did not find any significant foreign nationals working in India, that does not mean
> India does not allow that. Any proof you can give against that argument?

Proof of fact. I can't find any.
They are the vast minority. Simple.

> Of course there are visa rules in India also. Don't cook up stories you cannot back up.
> Here see this:
> http://www.overseasjobs.com/jobSeekers/resources/articles/Country_By_Country_Guide.html

Ever tried obtaining the "proof that the organization is registered in India"? Unless you are a multi-national large company who also engages in selling outsourcing with Indian workforce? You may have a slight problem...

> How about <insert_a_country_name_here_you_have_no_clue_about> being next?

Actually, I know quite a little bit about most of those countries. With the exception of Outer Mongolia. Which is not a country. But that was not why they were mentioned.

> For my stand, you'll probably be surprised that I'm against blatant outsourcing too.

Not at all. What I am surprised is that you used "blatant". What is the difference?

> Outsourcing in a lot of companies is probably being done without even considering
> what the skills are on the other side.

That is one problem. Of many. I don't believe it is the most important at this stage, though. Was a few years ago. Geomancer touched on why.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto