Re: Personal Oracle9i limitations?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 13:45:53 GMT

Asaf wrote:

> Hi,
> Since I can't install SQL server on my Windows 2003 Web Edition I am
> considering of buying Oracle 9i Personal Edition.
> My server is a stand alone web server for web services only.
> Is there some limitations for the Personal edition, limitations for
> how many connections can be opened?
>
> Thanks,
> Asaf

Please go to http://otn.oracle.com, open the area for Product Information for the Database, go to the Oracle9i Database information (previous releases area) and look for the document 'Oracle9i Database: A Family of Database Products" for an overview of the major differences.

To understand the license and pricing go to http://oraclestore.oracle.com. On the left sidebar you can get to decent documentation about licenses and licensing.

Biggest thing: Personal is licensed by USER, not connection. And that is limited to one user.

--
/Hans
[mailto:`echo $from" | sed "s/yahoo/telusplanet/g"`]