are hints still necessary in 9i?

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 8 Oct 2003 06:03:13 -0700

Tom Kyte swears that if you properly analyze your table, the CBO is at the point where you never need hints. I find I still need them 'occasionally', though not very often.

anyone else have opinions? anyone who beta tested 10g see an improvement in the CBO? IT tends to get a little better with each release. Received on Wed Oct 08 2003 - 08:03:13 CDT