Re: RMAN question

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 7 Oct 2003 17:22:04 -0700

Lucyna Witkowska <ypwitkow_at_nospamcyf-kr.edu.pl> wrote in message news:<bljggk$k9s$1_at_srv.cyf-kr.edu.pl>...
> Hi Howard,
>
> Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
> > There is no functional reason why (in 9i) you need to run with a catalog.
>
> As this is my problem too. Could you say that for 8.1.7 RMAN also?

I seem to have run into a similar issue to this in 8i: http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=235973.1

which seems to make some difficulties automating the creation of a standby db. There are many differences between 9 and 8, I expect most issues are workaroundable, but a lot of little things add up...

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/tue/business/news_1b7sun.html