Re: Newbie Question: Adding A Database

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 21:59:50 GMT

Sadly (for you) it is an excellent hint.

By not getting aquainted with the basics, you are about to embark on a path of mistakes that will make your investment in Oracle (be it money or time) a total waste. Unless you are vastly different from 90%+ of the people who come to this forum asking the same question.

Now, do you want a new database, or a new schema? If the former, look at DBCA (database configuration assistant). If the latter, look at SQL Plus and use the CREATE USER command with the appropriate GRANT statements.

I suspect you want a new schema - but I don't know your requirements and until you read (or at least skim) the Database Administration Guide at http://docs.oracle.com or http://tahiti.oracle. com, I'd guess you probably will not be able to ask the question in a way I can understand.

You might also want to look at http://otn.oracle.com and look for 'Sample Code' and 'Oracle By Example'.

/Hans

--
/Hans
[mailto:`echo $from" | sed "s/yahoo/telusplanet/g"`]