Newbie Question: Adding A Database

From: the clansman <the_clansman_at_vidioetron.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:09:31 -0400

Hi,

Using Oracle 8.1.6, how do I add a database? Using the DBA Studio, I selected "Add Database To Tree..." from the menu and I filled in the information

Hostname:           Localhost (it's on the same box)
Port:               1525 (I already have another one on 1521)
SID:                VINTAGE

NET Service Name: VINTAGE

My problem is when I try to connect to it. What should I enter as the Username and Password since I never been asked for it? I tried the usual SYSTEM/MANAGER Stuff (which works for my other database) but no success. Is there's another step to perform prior creating a database?

Thanks. Received on Tue Oct 07 2003 - 16:09:31 CDT