Re: optimizer parameters

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 21:35:57 +0200

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 13:48:32 -0500, Phillip Tien <tienp_at_wholefoods.com> wrote:

>sorry, I totally forgot to provide other relevant info. We're running
>8.1.7.4.0 (64-bit) on Solaris 8 on a Sun V880 with 8CPUS and 16 gigs of RAM.
>I was hoping for someone with experience with tweaking these two parameters.
>Thanks.

The vendor requests you to set them back to Oracle's original defaults. Likely the vendor doesn't know what he is talking about and the change is going to have an adverse effect. Read the 'blurbs' closely and you will agree with me.
My experience with 3rd party vendors is that they don't want to experiment and they always stick to the default, whether that is stupid (it usually is) or not.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA