Re: Oracle 10G new features preview

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 08:52:21 -0700

Jitendra Patel wrote:

>>http://www3.telus.net/jgwang/oracle10g_new_features_preview.pdf
>>

>Most excellent Wang link. This is buy Robert Freeman, a TUSC
>consultant, personally trained by Rich Niemiec himself, God of Oracle.
>

>Another TUSC consultant, Mike Ault, is also doing a book on Oracle10g
>new features:
>
>http://www.dba-oracle.com/bp/bp_book_oracle10g.htm
>
>TUSC has a corner on the market for 10g books, as they dominate the
>Oracle experts.

What is the relationship between "domatates" and "experts." One does not necessitate the other.
And, unfortunately, they have produced as much bad content as good. I can show you example
after example of "expert" advice that is inaccurate by any definition.

You can start with the "Tip" at the bottom of page 163 in the Oracle OCP Introduction to Oracle 9i:
SQL Exam Guide (1Z0-007). There is no possible way to construe that tip as correct.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu