Re: Character Set Conversion

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 23:28:39 +1000

Tom Miskiewicz wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have a dump-file from an Oracle 9.2 with character set WE8ISO8859P15
> and an Oracle 9.2 with character set some windows character set. I
> don't remember the exact character set name. How can I import the file
> exported in WE8ISO8859P15 into the second Oracle? Can I do some sort
> of conversion? Can I change the character set on the second oracle
> somehow, without exporting the database again?
>
> Thanks
> Tom

Import should convert from WE8ISO8859P15 to the MSWIN character set automatically. Or have you tried it and are getting specific problems? If so, what are the error messages?

Regards
HJR

See my brand new website, soon to be full of
new articles: www.dizwell.com.
Nothing much there yet, but give it time!!