Re: Outsourcing developer to India and China - As an Oracle developer I am miffed

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 6 Oct 2003 19:54:36 -0700

null_pointer_at_rediffmail.com (nullpointer) wrote in message news:<c0728f9d.0310061002.563f3122_at_posting.google.com>...

Here we go. Some arsehole who has been told I'm his "enemy", with NO FREAKIN IDEA who he's talking to...

> NO, you are going to have to provide better quality at the same cost.

No I won't. I don't have to provide ANYTHING.

> Accept it or perish. Please understand its nothing personal just
> business. Hey if u think we are taking away ur jobs why dont u try and
> take away ours. But do it by proving to be a better worker not by
> cribbing

Next time, try replying to the right person, you MORON! I did NOT state I think any of the above.

> Disagree strongly. Can u give me a concrete example of that happening.

Yes. The Indian and Chinese governments EXPRESSLY forbid foreign companies from bidding for IT software projects carried out for their government or their companies. If you don't know that, I suggest you get informed first.

> Microsoft, IBM, Oracle the list goes on..... we use there products
> they dont complain about not having access to the indian market.

It's got NOTHING to do with the products. It's got to do with development. And IT projects IN India, FOR India. And in China, for China.

> agree ... its about profits nothing wrong in that.

Disagree. Plenty wrong in that.

> Tell me dont u own a pair of Nike sneakers or T shirt ?

No I don't. There goes an argument, eh?

> dont u have a
> pair of Levis ?

No I don't. There goes an argument, eh?

> hey guess what I do to..

Good for you. Just don't assume everyone else falls into the same.

> and for ur information the
> material for the Levis is made right here in india, the shoes are
> produced in SE asian countries ..

What do I care? I've stopped buying their products since they relied on slave work from Indonesia. Decades ago.

> start boycotting and u might end up
> living like a hermit.

Wrong. Plenty of alternatives. Just have to look around. And I'd rather pay a little more and feed a local than the false economy of buying cheap.

> Don't forget to throw out those malasian memory
> chips from your machine.

Mine are from Korea.

> We welcome competition. We thrive on it. Indians have not made it just
> on price. Our deliveries and quality is now acknowledged the world
> over.

ROFL! Sure...

> and dont forget to upgrade while u are at it.

Can you make sense? Upgrade what?

> these outsourcing rants make me sick. what happened to healthy
> competition.

Exactly. Healthy is the word. Nothing healthy with what's going on. Just another instance of modern slavery.

> Stop sending emails save the postmans job !!!!!!!!

I do. Funny how those supposed great
"marketing arguments" don't stick...

Once again: you are replying to the WRONG person. Try posting properly and stop insinuating about people you have never met and have no chance in heck of ever meeting or knowing anything about.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Mon Oct 06 2003 - 21:54:36 CDT