Re: Outsourcing developer to India and China - As an Oracle developer I am miffed

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_no_spam.comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 02:33:29 GMT

  "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1065489462.360313_at_yasure...   Jim Kennedy wrote:

<snip for brevity> Of course the playing field isn't level. And from that standpoint I absolutely agree that no one should be   asked to play a game where one player has different rules than another. It is the responsibility of our   government to level that playing field but unfortunately our elected representatives no longer work for us   but rather for their campaign contributors. And, last time I checked, the electorate was so dumbed down   that they not only don't know any history (dooming them to repeat all of its worst lessons) but they keep   on electing people based on jargon an slogans like "liberal" and "conservative" rather than demanding   real content to speeches and promises. Every time I hear anyone calling the other by a label I just turn them   off and mark them as morons. Political discourse without content is worthless. So as long as we keep electing   these morons ... they do their best to represent those that voted them into office.

  Sorry for the rant but ... you are correct ... and we have a choice. We can either force the political changes   required to level that playing field or we can develop the skills required to succeed inspite of it.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)So I guessed you missed the debate on Comedy Central. I mean on TV over the California governor's race.<grin>Jim