Re: Database backup when in readonly mode

From: opascmar <ojpascual_at_telefonica.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 11:11:16 GMT

Hi Kenneth,

If you switch your database to read-only you wouldn´t use your temporary tablespace to make ordering queries.

I advice to switch your database to archivelog mode ir order to make online backups, switch your static tablespaces to readonly, so your database will not generate lots of archivelog files.

Regards.