Re: Outsourcing developer to India and China - As an Oracle developer I am miffed

From: Lucille Williams <luluwilliams_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 23:30:19 GMT

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 06:25:04 +1000, "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>John Rutherford wrote:

Its a step down doing Oracle from driving Indy Cars?

I can't resist that. I would have to loved to have been a race car driver!

>It's called complacency, and it's very much a 1st world disease. Instead of
>bleating about it, and proposing boycotts of dubious morality or
>practicality, why not just get off your bottom and learn a foreign language
>or two, improve your Oracle skills, master new technology, and generally
>make yourself indispensible. The only way to compete, is to compete.
>
>HJR

I do this all the time and have been able to hang on;however, there ill only be so many slots for this type of work in the future regardless. Oracle 10g with its ASM and other goodies will continue to get better along with the cheaper foreign talent!

Its also wise to have another way to generate income. I enjoy Oracle but at the same time I don't live my life as if Oracle is the only thing going. Its not good to be uni-diminsional. My side business has nothing to do with computers. Received on Sat Oct 04 2003 - 18:30:19 CDT