Re: Oracle is a bigger version of MS Access?

From: Ross McKay <rosko_at_zeta.NOT.THIS.BIT.org.au>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 22:53:27 GMT

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 20:31:42 +1000, "Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>"Ross McKay" <rosko_at_zeta.NOT.THIS.BIT.org.au> wrote in message news:gvlpnvgkei5iojrte7abbs8cd1k80roori_at_4ax.com...
>
>> than using standard hardware and software. Fortunately the project got
>> canned, sadly after about $40M (Australia, 1980's) down the hole. The
>> "architect" went on to become a Microsoft consultant...
>
>Hehehe! I think I know which one you tawkin about...

Might be more than one (would not surprise me!) - this one involved satellite feed of news data, business plan relied on *every* office building in Australia taking a feed (because of *course* they'd want to!) Same one as yours? Or did you mean the Microsoft consultant? ;)

--
Ross McKay, WebAware Pty Ltd
"Words can only hurt if you try to read them. Don't play their game" - Zoolander