Re: Outsourcing developer to India and China - As an Oracle developer I am miffed

From: Dave Hau <davehau-no-spam-123_at_no-spam.netscape.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 20:26:53 GMT

We do the same to 3rd world countries too. When China joined WTO two years ago, the U.S. practically forced its way into China's agricultural market, causing a lot of Chinese farmers to become homeless beggars on the streets because they simply cannot compete with the much lower priced US agricultural products.

I don't see why Oracle development is so special that there has to be a hard and fixed rule that it cannot be outsourced.

"John Rutherford" <jr1.rutherford_at_virgin.net> wrote in message news:HuBfb.639$b73.955324_at_newsfep1-win.server.ntli.net...

Apologies if this is a bit off topic - But I have just come back off an oracle course - 2 people of which are being made redundent due to outsourcing.

Are we having our life opportunities terminated and rolled out at a cheaper cost in these countries. I thought Globalisation was supposed to bring competition - Instead our IT manager are giving away our livlyhoods for nothing.
So what if cheaper - Is it ethical????? Is it fair on your children or the society your ancestors dreamed of building. If these people want oracle jobs than they should get of their butts and come to 1st world countries. We should not give it to them on a plate just to save a few scents - Cause lets face it - once these economies try to get off their knees we will bomb them back into the stone age - But for you my oracle friends -that will be too late!!
2 things we can do
Boycott organisations who outsource
Be ethical as a customer and use vendors who do not outsource ie Pick who you bank with and by food from carefully- you get the idea Received on Sat Oct 04 2003 - 15:26:53 CDT