Re: Recommended hardware for 9i on Linux, at home (Note to Stan)

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2003 13:00:12 -0700

"Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:<3f7ec5de$0$9554$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:3f7e0eef$0$5000$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...
>

> > Some might consider it a bit harsh to block yahoo on the first or third of
> > those grounds. But given the spam/virus flood of late, I can understand it.
> >
> > This is the problem I had with trying to reply to you over the
> > backup/recovery issue you had.
> >
> > You might want to think of some other way of aloowing others to get in touch
> > with you... a, er, yahoo account of your own, perhaps!
>
> Hehehe! Usenet 1, E-mail 0!
>
> Quite frankly, about time someone blocked yahoo.
> They have done nothing but sit on their butts
> during this last crisis and have let their servers
> act as relays for too long.

the fact that they limit a standard account to 100 addresses to block annoys me at this point. yes, that was more than sufficient number prior to a couple of weeks ago. its not a matter of the cost of upgrading to their for-pay email, but that I don't want to reward their lack of action with regard to Swen by paying them.

I guess that I should look for another provider, or at least switch my email address and obfuscate the return address in postings.

Pd Received on Sat Oct 04 2003 - 15:00:12 CDT