Re: ORA-29855

From: Manuela Mueller <520040906697-0001_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 21:22:28 +0200

Pat Campbell wrote:

> Manuela Mueller <520040906697-0001_at_t-online.de> wrote in message news:<3F7D6BCB.F925F1DA_at_t-online.de>...
> > Pat Campbell wrote:
> > >
> > > We have a database (8.1.7) using interMedia Text on a Windows NT (SP
> > > 6) platform. We have a schema, schema1, that has several interMedia
> > > Text tables and indexes that were built last year. The information in
> > > schema1 is being replaced in its entirety with new information.
> > >
> > > A second schema, schema2, was created for the development of the new
> > > information that will eventually reside in schema1. schema2 had no
> > > problems creating the new tables and indexes.
> > >
> > > After testing the new information in schema2, we dropped all tables
> > > and indexes in schema1 and used the same procedures to create the
> > > tables and indexes in schema1. However, when we tried to create the
> > >
> > > CREATE INDEX abc on Table1(XML_Code)
> > > INDEXTYPE IS ctxsys.context parameters ('section group
> > > ctxsys.auto_section_group');
> > >
> > > We get the following error:
> > > *
> > > ERROR at line 1:
> > > ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
> > > ORA-20000: interMedia Text error:
> > > ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
> > > ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
> > > ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 126
> > > ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", line 81
> > > ORA-06512: at line 1
> > >
> > > We have dropped the index abc with the force option. We have dropped
> > > the indexes in schema2 and tried to recreate them. We still get this
> > > error.
> > >
> > > The view CTX_INDEX_OBJECTS show the index abc in both schemas even
> > > after dropping them.
> > >
> > > Can anybody help? Many thanks,
> >
> > Hello Pat,
> > Just some thougths. Have you checked CTX_USER_INDEX_ERRORS ?
> >
> > There is a caveat in dropping indexes with force option. See Metalink
> > Note:153264.1
> > <quote from metalink>
> > How do you drop an index that is in FAILED or LOADING state?
> >
> > Answer
> > ------
> > SQL> drop index <indexname> force;
> >
> > Note: Force option is new in Oracle8i
> > A DROP FORCE, should NEVER be interupted. Such an interuption may result
> > in the Text data dictionary containing
> > inconsistencies
> > </quote from metalink>
> >
> > Have you checked your interMedia Text installation and setup with a
> > simple test case?
> >
> > Hth
> > Manuela Mueller
>
> Manuela,
>
> Thanks for the input. The CTX_USER_INDEX_ERRORS has no rows. There are
> no rows in the CTX_USER_INDEXES either. However, CTX_INDEX_ERRORS has
> one row from May of last year. CTX_INDEXES has no rows, but DR$INDEX
> has 8 rows.
>
> I checked my installed products and interMedia 8.1.7 is listed as an
> [...]
Hello Pat,
with ctx_adm as an invalid object, you are no longer able to set any parameters, doing any recovery on deleted Oracle text tables. It sounds like something has screwed up your interMedia Text installation.
Do you have a seperate test box where you can set up the same test case? Do you have the opportunity to uninstall, re-install interMedia? What is your exact patch level, have you patched up from 8.1.6 (Note:120611.1)?
If all this does not solve your problem, maybe you should open an iTAR.

Nevertheless have a nice weekend
Manuela Mueller Received on Fri Oct 03 2003 - 14:22:28 CDT