Re: OT: Interesting DB article

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 3 Oct 2003 08:37:49 -0700

This article speaks to low end systems well. I dont mean low end by amount of data, I mean low end by what you are doing with the data. Most low end systems dont need a robust database. They wont use it. The people they hire will have lower salaries and wont be skilled in how to use the features.

Though the article is naive. You cant judge a database by its size. I would argue that a huge portion of Oracle's revenue come from the smaller number of larger projects. Since they will use alot of these features Oracle has to keep adding them in order to keep their business. Received on Fri Oct 03 2003 - 10:37:49 CDT