Re: If we change the root shell to csh on Solaris, is this likely to be supported by Oracle?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 2 Oct 2003 16:01:57 -0700

michael.crawford_at_bbc.co.uk (Mike Crawford) wrote in message news:<c6e383d4.0310011815.1a8fca24_at_posting.google.com>...
> Our hosting facility is proposing we change the root shell on Solaris
> 9 from the standard Bourne shell which comes standard with Solaris to
> the C shell.
>
> Does anyone know if this would be supported by Oracle under our
> support contract?
>
> Any other comments?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

http://www.cs.uu.nl/wais/html/na-dir/unix-faq/shell/csh-whynot.html

But of course, you could make another login with user 0 and make it csh, if you really want to now. Maybe call it toor, since the shell is all nack-basswords.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.fishsniffer.com/fly/fom/30311whip.html