Re: Oracle 9i Installation

From: Albert <albert.angele_at_genion.de>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 22:05:04 +0200

Daniel Morgan wrote:
> Denver wrote:
>

>> The setup.exe in Oracle 9i for Windows 2000 Pro is not running. Is
>> there anything that I need to configure before installation? My PC is
>> newly formatted and has installed Win2K Pro from scratch --meaning
>> this is a clean machine. Any idea? Please help. Thanks.
>>

> Not a clue. And please no one starting off about the Pentium bug ... it
> doesn't apply.
>
> It is a Microsoft operating system ... so perhaps ... just reboot.
>
> Seriously ... see if any log file has been generated. Check the event
> viewer. Ctrl-Alt-Del and look at Task Manager Processes tab.

hi,

i think, i got the same problem: on win2kserver (or win2kprofessional, it's the same) the oracle9i setup does not start. it states, that the jre 1.3.1 is missing inn ... and now the funny thing ... (system tmp directory) / oracle-date-time / ..... of course the jre cannot be there, because this folder was just created by oracle-setup it - obviously - didn't put it in. the environment variables are set appropriate, as far as i know: JAVA_HOME to the java directory just above /bin CLASSPATH to ......./lib
and to PATH ......../bin was added.

has anybody any idea?

thanks

albert Received on Thu Oct 02 2003 - 15:05:04 CDT