Re: Deploying myapp.EAR in Oracle9i Application Server

From: tojo <Tojo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:12:50 +0200

In article <newscache$1si4mh$br6$1_at_phantom.amnet.net.au>, hugo_at_geoinformex.com says...
> Hi
>
> I have created some simple jsp pages, then, in JDeveloper I chose New ->
> Deployment Profiles -> EAR file, which created the myapp.deploy file, on
> which I right-clicked with the mouse, choosing "deploy to EAR". This created
> a myapp.EAR file for me.
>
> On the Oracle server, I used the Web-based Oracle Enterprise Manager at
> http://myserver:1810 first going to to the right application server, then
> choosing "OC4J Home", then using the button "Deploy EAR file". I uploaded
> the myapp.EAR file and went through the prompts (8 steps), choosing the
> defaults (minimal security etc).
>
> However, now I am not sure what to do after that - in the 8 steps I wasn't
> asked me for a URL location for my ear so I am not even sure where to go.
> Previously, when I deployed a WAR file (but I think this is wrong - in
> JDeveloper I chose New -> Deployment Profiles -> War File - J2EE Web
> module) it DID asked me for a base URL but when I tried to access that
> location it kept stating "permission denied".
>
> I assume I have to go to http://myserver:7777, perhaps to
> http://myserver:7777/webapps as this is the Enterprise Manager and
> presumably where my EAR file is deployed. But how do I get to the content of
> my EAR file? And are there any security permissions that have to be set
> before people can access the contents of the EAR file?
>
> If someone could give me a detailed description on how to deploy an EAR,
> using the http facilities of Oracle (web based OEM) that comes with
> Oracle9i, I would be most grateful as I can't seem to get it to work. A
> pointer to very detailed documentation pages would be very useful as well.

One of those 8 steps must have been "URL Binding" or "Map to URL" or something like that. (I don't know for sure as I don't have it in front of me). That is where you enter something like "/myapp", which is your base URL. You should then be able to access the app with "http://myserver:7777/myapp".