Re: [newbie] 2 questions about granting a role to a user

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 05:56:54 +1000

Jack Wang wrote:

> Howard,
>
> As far as I know, the only system privilege that can not be granted to a
> role is 'unlimited tablespace'. Please confirm.
>
> - Jack

That may or may not be true (though since the 'resource' built-in role has unlimited tablespace, I wouldn't be too sure). But it's not what caused our OP's *first* problem.

I thought I'd just answer that bit and see how he gets on before getting too worried about the second part of his question!

When I have database to hand, I'll get back to you.

Regards
HJR