Re: setting up variables

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 23:05:03 +1000

"Helder Lopes" <ew4hsjwi_at_esoterica.pt> wrote in message news:3f7ab86a$0$7713$a729d347_at_news.telepac.pt...

> I been looking in the help of profile but I didn't find anything on how can
> I set up variables or execute a script when the machine boots..

Helder, in Unix (and Linux in this respect behaves like Unix), you control what happens at boot time through a processes known as "init()". Read about it in the man pages, there is a hierarchy of file system folders that you can place scripts in to run at specific points when the system starts up and shuts down. Read also about "inittab".

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto