Re: function based index and DB - startupparameters

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 21:36:22 +1000

fuxs wrote:

> ORA SQL - Ref for 9i Release 2 advises to set two startup - paramerters to
> work with function based indexes:
>
> <quote>
> In addition, in order for Oracle to use
> function-based indexes in queries, the QUERY_REWRITE_ENABLED parameter
> must be set to TRUE, and the QUERY_REWRITE_INTEGRITY parameter must be set
> to TRUSTED.
> </quote>
>
> Is it really necessary to set QUERY_REWRITE_INTEGRITY to TRUSTED? I'd like
> staying with 'ENFORCED'.

It's necessary, unfortunately. It's a well-known issue that the setting you want for function-based index use conflicts with what you may well want for the use of (say) materialized views.

Jonathan Lewis mentions it in his practical Oracle 8i book, amongst other sources.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Oct 01 2003 - 06:36:22 CDT